Friday, November 27, 2009

The Top 1 Billion Wrestlers Ever (In no particular order)

Hi wackydeli here and I am here to add to this list of awesome. Now I know a lot of you remember Koko B. Ware for his work in the WWF, erm WWE KBN ain't getting a lawsuit! But I will always remember him as that really dark guy that you can barely see on the crappy weekly Memphis Wrestling feed.

Koko was a high flyer, despite that gut of his that made the women of Beale go WILD! Before I tell the GREATEST storyline in wrestling history, I will acknowledge that he was a good wrestler. Hell he gave Owen Hart, the best Hart, a great break into the mainstream Vince led fed. He will always be the Bird Man to me, and him as High Energy was basically the same gimmick but stupid.

I would also like to tell you that Frankie his Parrot, yeah I actually knew the name of the bird without looking it up, died in a house fire a few years back.

On to my story, when I was younger Saturday mornings were like this:

1. Wake up and change clothes
2. Watch cartoons until eleven
3. Watch Memphis Wrestling until 1
4. Wrestle neighbors until dark on someones trampoline.

This was really awesome growing up but even I couldn't believe this angle they pulled once. They showed classics after the regular show, and I got to see all my favorite WWF stars before they were at the big time. One week we had a 20 man battle royale for the MEMPHIS TELEVISION TITLE! Well it came down to two guys, Jimmy Valiant and Koko. Koko won, and the crowd went nuts. If you have never seen old Memphis Wrestling in their studio let me try to paint a picture for you.

Imagine a living room with stands and a wrestling ring. That's it. Now fill these stands with the most ragtag group of tough guys you can find. Good. I like how you think. Now remember Memphis is kind of ghetto. Yeah that was Racist, sorry.

Anyway Koko goes to claim his title, and its an actual television! This is what it looked like:



Koko runs over and says, "I AM BRINGING THIS BACK TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD FOR ALL OF US TO WATCH MEMPHIS WRESTLING!!!"

I remember as a child thinking, did he just say everyone in his neighborhood is dirt poor and can't own a television. Well it doesn't matter but the crowd went nuts when he said this. The studio basically turned into Soul Train.

Then it happened. Valiant stormed the stage, hit Koko, and BROKE THE TELEVISION! Koko stands up and says, Ok I can't tell you yet. I want you to guess what you think he said. Take a moment, and just guess. Then read below:



"WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN, HOW CAN THEY WATCH MEMPHIS WRESTLING NOW!!!"

Is this what you thought? Probably not, but I will never forget it. For this one time story alone, I am boosting Koko B. Ware all the way up to NUMBER ONE WRESTLER OF ETERNITY!

Here's a raw match with Koko and Owen:





R.I.P. Frankie: We Lost a Good Bird

1 comments:

kaktus316 said...

Dude, Dr. Pepper almost came out of my nose at the Soul Train comment.

Post a Comment