Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Top 1 Billion Wrestlers Ever (In no particular order)

It was 5 years ago at the Big Butler fair. My brother, my best friend, and I were there not to ride the Gravitron or eat deep fried Snickers - but to see good ole fashion indy rasslin. With a card featuring Mick Foley as a referee, CM Punk, Chris Candido, Jim Duggan, Honky Tonk Man..this was unmissable.

So we're walking through the fair grounds waiting for the show to start, and I notice Eric Xtasy walk past us. Nobody else recognized him but me, and immediately I marked out causing my two compadres to mark out as well. We rush over to meet and get autographs from Steerling James Keenan, the aforementioned Eric Xtasy...and Glenn Spectre.

At this time Glenn Spectre and Eric Xtasy were in a very gay tag team. Xtasy was the champion, but his character was more interested in tag teaming with his possible homosexual lover. That information has nothing to do with what happens next. Someone with us, not a wrestling fan, says that she doesn't know who any of these guys are. The three wrestlers aren't upset they just kind of accept that they are unknowns. I chime in:

"Don't be dumb. That's Alex Shelly!"

I immediately look stupid, and Glenn Spectre looks completely embarrassed. My friend corrects me in a split second and I feel about two feet tall. I still ask him for an autograph, and he says:

"I feel like an asshole but yeah."

To this day I have not lived that situation down. My friend bought the DVD of the show a few weeks ago and I had to relive it all over again...on a side note the DVD skipped because it was cheaply made.


For this story I salute Glenn Spectre as one of the top 1 Billion Wrestlers Ever


0 comments:

Post a Comment