Tuesday, December 8, 2009

THE LUDUM DARE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES

Only 2 days and 22 hours until Ludum Dare 16 begins!

So the first round of voting is over with. I don't understand this fucking voting system, but whatever. The second round is up, and the list is totally different than the first list. I don't remember there being this many categories, so I'm confused. I really don't get it. OH WELL.

As for the round 1 voting results... one of my suggestions placed first. That's rad.

Here are the top 10 themes for round 1.

1. Unwanted Powers
2. Adaptation
3. Betrayal as a gameplay mechanic
4. Shapeshifting
5. Invulnerability isnt all it's cracked up to be
6. By our powers combined...
7. Dreaming
8. You are an unstoppable death machine
9. Construction
10. Deception

and what landed at the number 11 spot?

MY OTHER SUGGESTION:

11. Turn-Based Eating

So out of 67 suggestions, my ideas placed 1st and 11th (thus far). That's cool. As for round 2, I'm so fucking confused. None of the ones from round 1 are in there, and I don't recognize any of the suggestions on the list. Where did this second list come from? And it sucks, too. It's not worth voting on. I can only hope that we end up with a theme that can actually be worked with.

The idea of a game where you are constantly granted UNWANTED POWERS is pretty cool, I think. For example, you're in a room with spikes on the ceiling and you suddenly get a SUPER JUMP powerup or you're given IRON BOOTS when you're trying to swim. Some kind of constant slot machine that hands out these powers at random that you may or may not want at any given time. Could be rad.

1 comments:

wackydeli said...

unwanted powers!!!!!

Post a Comment