Friday, September 25, 2009

A night of fright, and some delight.

Let me tell you something brother, I am a student/teacher and live in Oxford Mississippi(Gods gift to the world). If you are someone, or want to be someone like all 3000 incoming freshmen, you go to the Oxford square for nightlife and food. I've been to many places in my lifetime, and the Oxford square can't be beat for whatever you prefer during the night. Sadly there are no donkey shows or strip clubs, but if thats your style drive an hour up to Memphis.

So last night the Ole Miss Rebels, #4 in the nation in college football, played at South Carolina. I made the trip to the square to indulge in some adult beverages, food, and football. I went to five places in all, and will start from the beginning.

We started the night out at Parrish's. It's always 21 and over, and since there was a football game drinks were 3 for 1. That was enough for me to sit there for awhile. I sat there and noticed many come in for the game, and enjoyed my three Newcastle Brown Ale. The atmosphere was nice, but football games are different than just a regular night out for drankin. I paid my tab after one quarter and headed to my next destination.

We headed across the square to the rib cage. No specials here, but the bbq sammiches are GREATNESS. We spent the 2nd quarter screaming shit at the television with other rebel faithful. I did get a free shot thanks to a friend being a waitress. If the Godfather came to Oxford he would be pissed because I got a free shot and he didn't. Do you want to know the reason why? Because I have class, and have never called myself Papa Shango.

We sat there and ate and halftime approached. We paid our tabs and left the rib cage. I wanted another shot but gal pal was no where in sight.

We then trekked to the other side of the square again and ended up at the lyric. I hate the lyric. The lyric is where children who want to drink hangout. The lyric is huge, and smelly, and like 100 years old. They boasted they had the game on a 200 foot screen, so we went to check it out. I walk in and the bouncer is like, "LEMME SEE YO ID NIGGA!" I ask if there are any specials and he tells me two dollar bud-light. Bud-fucking-Light. I take it anyway and buy three, one for me and the other two people that are with me. They weren't lying, the screen was huge. The crowd was tame as a baby lion, and I wasn't feeling it. I saw a big boobed girl eating a rib though, that was the highlight of the lyric.

To end the night we headed to Lenora's. A classy joint that serves classy food, for classy people. We were those people. I had a glass of wine to end the night, as I sat there with my friend Kathleen yelling at the rebels for losing a damn game. I like Lenora's a lot, because the people there don't totally suck. The bartender is dressed like a fucking businessman, and a guy was hitting on a lady and she told him to eat his own dick. I can get along in a place like this. We left because the night was over. However some drive home munchies were in order.

The last place we visited was a gas station, that everyone eats at and calls chicken on a stick. I of course got a chicken on a stick and ate the hell out of it on the way home.

Overall it was a great night to be in Oxford, even if the Rebels couldn't pull away with a win.

3 comments:

SonnyBone said...

ATE THE HELL OUT OF IT

wackydeli said...

That is what happened Sonny, I ate it and satan got mad.

TheDenizen said...

I liked the part where the girl with big boobs ate a rib.

Post a Comment