Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ajax diner 9/25/09

So last night me and a couple of friends met up at Ajax diner for some grub before we saw Pandorum.



The place isn't very swanky, and features the best comfort food around. There are paintings all over the wall showing off the Mississippi Hillside Blues culture from the area. There is a bar(if you look above you can see), and the bar is fully equipped to get you plastered or just have a drink with your dinner. The real reason anyone would come here though is for the comfort food.



This is what I got last night. I took a bite of the steak before I snapped the pic, so sorry for that. However the country fried steak is the best in the world. The mashed potatoes, and lima beans were just as good. I have eaten a lot of stuff there. You can see a burger in the pic, the burgers are the best in Oxford. The Catfish is the best in Oxford, unless we count Taylor as Oxford then the catfish is second best. The meat loaf is as large as your head, and all the vegetables are great. I should have snapped a pick of the pork steak my friend Turkey had. Most places give you a thin slice of Pork and call it a steak. The pork steaks here are thicker than most t-bones you get at steakhouses.

I give Ajax my seal of approval for all awesomeness in a kind of shitty world. I would review Pandorum, but I will let the head ninja do that if he wants. I know I had a completely different experience than he did.

I also found this article from the NY Post interviewing Eli Manning. Eli came to Ole Miss and I found this quote interesting:

"The center of town is called the square, not the quad. And for a good meal, try City Grocery or Ajax diner."

I think I did Eli, I think I did.

Wackydeli.

NY Post Interview with Eli Manning

0 comments:

Post a Comment