Monday, May 17, 2010

Go watch the movie Lo right now.

So last night all my friends had gotten off of Modern Warfare 2 and I didn't feel like playing all alone. So I turned off the game and opened up the Olde Tyme Netflix Instant Queue. I've got tons of stuff in there, some of it I'm really never going to watch but I don't want to remove because "Hey, you never know." I've had this little movie named Lo in there for a while now. I put it in there because it has a cool looking picture and it's about a dude summoning a demon (I pretty much adore Satanic Ritual movies).

So I slap on the movie and it starts off good. By good I mean that they used a decent camera. I absolutely HATE a movie that looks like a home movie or looks like it was filmed as a soap opera. In fact I tried a different movie before Lo, but it had such awful film quality, I turned it off in less than 5 minutes (that movie was called Pusher by the way. I proceeded to remove it and its two sequels from my queue).

It jumps right into the demon summoning. The guy summons a demon named Lo because he wants the demon to find his girlfriend who was kidnapped by a demon. Lo responds with a simple question "Where the fuck am I?"

The movie is basically the interactions between Lo and Justin. Their conversation is where most of the exposition comes from. The dialogue is good so it doesn't sound like the end of a Scooby Doo cartoon while they're explaining motives and all that. Also helping this are the actors who do an excellent job at everything that they're trying to do.

Lo does something that I haven't seen in a movie (and to tell the truth I don't watch many independent movies because most of them look like dog shit). The entire movie takes place in a single room. While this sounds like a handicap, it isn't, and it works around this in a creative way. I don't want to spoil it but it is just so different from what I usually watch that it was quite refreshing.

So with all that verbal fellatio I just heaped onto this movie, you should go watch it immediately. Rent it, buy it (probably not very expensive on Amazon but I don't feel like looking).

Also there is a documentary series on youtube from the creator that is pretty cool as well. There's also the official trailer on there (which I'm gonna post a link to just below this line).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhFsK7e8wUo

0 comments:

Post a Comment