Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Friday the 13th Part 2 "Review"

First things first - I never realized they killed Crazy Ralph this early in the series. I swear he is warning those kids before getting on the cruise in Jason Goes to Manhattan. But yeah, I did remember the death scene, but I never noticed he was strangled with barbed wire. EC-DUB! EC-DUB!

On to some actual reviewing...I think this is a lot better than Friday the 13th 1. As a kid I never thought much of this sequel cause Jason didn't have his hockey mask yet, but as an "adult" I really enjoyed the pacing of this one, especially the chase/showdown at the end. The scene where the lead girl puts on Pamela's sweater is really good stuff.

Jason is totally human in almost to a fault. For instance, he breaks a chair while standing on it and falls down like a goon. Then he cowers like a little bitch when confronted with a chainsaw (though it isn't really fair. He wasn't using machinery. Keep it clean)

The skinny dipping scene is a good stuff even now. From the first scene with that girl you knew you wanted to see those tight shorts displaced in favor of nudity, and you get a good bit of it. And, while we're on the subject of that chick, I liked the fake-out through the movie of her dog being dead. Muffin showing up in the end and Jason jumping through the window is classic.

The only big flaw of this movie is that nerdy guy surviving. I couldn't remember if he was killed or not when I popped this in, and the whole movie I'm just waiting to see that idiot get slaughtered. I was less than pleased with his shenanigans throughout. Hopefully that character crashed on the way back from the bar.

Part 3 has been my favorite for years so I hope to put it under the microscope soon. This weekend I'm going to watch some shit like Legion, Pandorum, and probably obscure stuff on Netflix. I may post "reviews" for all of those before I get to Part 3 (which could be a bit cause of Red Dead Redemption among other things).

0 comments:

Post a Comment