Friday, March 5, 2010

Oscar Picks

Best Actor - Jeff Bridges

Jeremy Renner is the only other contestant I feel, but since he's young and Jeff Bridges deserves an Oscar I'm leaning towards him.


Best Actress - Sandra Bullock

Too much hype has been made about her "comeback" for her to lose this race. I'll be shocked if she doesn't get the statue.


Best Supporting Actress - Monique

I liked Precious and thought she was fantastic. There really isn't any competition here in my opinion.


Best Picture - The Hurt Locker

I haven't seen it, but it's been getting all the talk latey. Avatar was good, but I just don't see the academy going for a big budget special effects movie with a weak cliche story. Precious was hyped to hell for months, but I haven't seen any buzz about it recently. So this is my pick.


Best Director - James Cameron

It's either him or Katheryn Bigelow. I'm banking on Bigelow being a woman not being a factor in this....but that is really short-sighted of me. We'll see.


Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz

Yeah, nobody would be risky enough to pick against him. There's just no way he's not going to win this.


Best Animated Film - Up

Lock. It's Pixar and it was fantastic. I'd honestly love to see this win best picture.


Cinematography, Art Direction, and Visual Effects - Avatar

Yep


Film Editing- The Hurt Locker

I hear it's a movie that relys on precision for a lot of the scenes, and is very tension filled so I'm going with this.


The rest are pretty much a crap-shoot for me.

1 comments:

SonnyBone said...

DUDE YOU WERE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CLOSE

YOU MUST BE A WIZARD

Post a Comment